Avocado Chicken Parmigiana & Tomato-Avocado Saladon February 13, 2013 at 4:30 am
My mouth is watering just writing this…this recipe is by far one of my favorite new finds over the past year! It has joined the regular rotation of dinner items for my husband and I, not only for its taste, but for how easy and cheap it is too!
I found this recipe last year on Pinterest, thinking pin-now, try-later, and boy I’m glad I did!
So here it is!
AVOCADO CHICKEN PARMIGIANA and TOMATO-AVOCADO SALAD
Dinner for Two
- 1 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast , Halved Lengthwise (aka cut it in half, down the middle, the long way)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Tbs Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Dried Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil Cooking spray
- 2 Tbs Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 Avocado (4-6 Long Avocado Slices and the remaining avocado diced into chunks)
- 1/2 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tomato Diced into Chunks
- Zesty Italian Salad Dressing (which you will add to taste)
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Place both chicken fillets in a plastic bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap and using a rolling pin or meat mallet, pound chicken until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place flour and breadcrumbs on 2 separate plates and whisk together milk and eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Coat 1 piece of chicken with flour (shake off any excess flour), dip in egg mixture (completely covering chicken), then coat in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to secure and cover entirely.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat for second fillet.
- Lightly spray with olive oil and bake for 8 minutes (after 4 minutes flip to cook evenly on both sides)
- Remove from oven, spoon over with tomato pasta sauce, place 2-3 avocado slices on each fillet and cover with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- While baking, mix avocado and tomato chunks in a bowl and mix in zesty Italian dressing to taste.
- Remove chicken from oven, serve with tomato-avocado salad and Enjoy!
I hope you all have a chance to try this one! It couldn’t be any easier…and cheap! (TIPS: The can of breadcrumbs last more than one meal and you can even freeze the tomato pasta sauce, so the ingredients can go a long way!)
Hope you enjoy it!
<3 Lulubell Elaine
( You can find my inspiration for the avocado chicken parmigiana recipe at Cuisine Paradise.)