3 Super Easy Superbowl Appetizers Using Cream Cheeseon February 2, 2013 at 3:31 pm
Did you hear that on Sunday there is going be some sort of football game during the live Beyonce concert? Crazy huh? I’m just joking! But if you’re anything like me, Superbowl Sunday is mainly about 3 things: the commercials, the halftime show and most importantly, THE FOOD!
So with this Superbowl Sunday quickly approaching and with Superbowl parties all in the works, I thought it would be fitting to share some super easy (last minute) Superbowl appetizer recipes using one of my favorite ingredients…CREAM CHEESE!
So here they all are! Hope you enjoy!
1. Ham & Green Onion Cream Cheese Ball
My husband’s aunt and cousin make this tasty appetizer for every family get together and I love it! (Shout outs to Aunt Chris & Jackie!)
This recipe couldn’t be any easier! And all it takes are 3 ingredients & crackers for serving!
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese (I use Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 1 small bunch of green onions
- 1 small package of cooked ham lunch meat
- Crackers for serving (I like using Ritz Crackers)
- Chop up green onions and ham into small pieces
- Use wax paper or a bowl and lie your cream cheese in it and top it with all of your chopped ingredients.
- Using your hands mix the chopped ingredients into the cream cheese well, and form a ball. (Hey, I said it was cheap & easy, not clean!)
- Put your cream cheese ball on a plate, circle with crackers and a spreading knife and you’re set!
That’s it! Easy enough?
2. Velveta Cheese Log
This has always been one of my mom’s go-to appetizer recipes for family events and we all love it!
- 1 16oz package of Velveta Cheese
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 small bunch of green onions
- 1 can chopped olives
- 1 small can of Ortega green chilies
- Bacon Bits for garnishing
- Crackers for serving (My mom normally uses Town House Club Crackers for this)
- Let Velveta Cheese set to room temperature.
- Roll Velveta Cheese onto wax paper (I use two pieces of wax paper to keep things a little cleaner)
- Then layer with cream cheese, olives, onions and chilies.
- Using the wax paper, roll the cheese into a log (with all the ingredients on the inside) and tuck the ends in.
- Put your Cheese Log on a plate, sprinkle on top with bacon bits, circle with crackers and a spreading knife and WALAH!
Such an easy and tasty appetizer!
3. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalepeno Poppers
Like the 1959 movie starring Marilyn Monroe says, “Some Like It Hot”, so let’s turn up the heat! This is one of my favorite appetizer recipes, because I like things a little spicy! A friend made these a while back and after searching the web near and far, I finally came up with the simplest recipe possible!
- 6-10 medium size jalepeno peppers
- 1 4oz package of cream cheese
- 1-2 cups grated cheese (mild or medium is fine)
- 1 package of thinly sliced bacon
- Heat oven to 450 degrees (F)
- Cut the stems off and cut each jalepeno in half length-wise.
- Remove all of the seeds (unless you’d like to sit back and hysterically watch your friends sweat…in that case, go ahead and leave em in)
- Stuff each jalepeno half with a small spoonfull of cream cheese (just enough so that it’s not heaping)
- Sprinkle a little grated cheese on top.
- Wrap 1 to 1 1/2 slices of bacon around each of the stuffed jalepenos
- Place the jalepeno poppers on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Let cool and then serve!
How simple, yet still amazingly tasty!
So, that’s it! And did I mention that I purchased all of the ingredients for less than $25?! Well, I hope y’all enjoy these recipes! Happy Superbowl Sunday to all!
<3 Lulubell Elaine
This post was featured in a link party at IHeartNaptime.com. Check it out!